Neurofeedback, a safe, medication free brain training treatment, aims to improve brain function by targeting areas in the brain that are having trouble functioning. After neurofeedback sessions, the brain functions at a more optimal level, allowing a person to live life more easily. Neurofeedback combined with additional therapies, such as talk therapy, and a well-balanced diet and exercise routine, will noticeably improve day to day life in various ways, including:
1. Attention/Focus: Do you have trouble staying attentive during the work/school day? Do you have trouble staying on task? Neurofeedback will improve your ability to maintain attention and focus better throughout the day, leading to higher productivity in school and/or the work place. Staying on top of assignments will also leave you feeling a sense of accomplishment each day instead of anxiety about staying caught up.
2. Memory: Do you struggle with memory? Neurofeedback works to strengthen the brain’s ability to remember information, both on a short-term and long-term level. With a better memory, a person can perform better in both school and work. Additionally, neurofeedback works to ward off memory loss and other neurodegenerative symptoms that come with natural aging.
3. Mood: Do you struggle with depression or anxiety? Even if you do not have a diagnosed mood disorder, feelings of sadness can find a way into day to day life. Anxiety can often result from pressure to perform in school, at work, or even at home. Neurofeedback improves the brain’s ability to function calmly, eliminating anxiety, depression, and other unwanted mood-related symptoms.
4. Sleep: Do you have difficulty falling asleep? What about staying asleep throughout the night? Not only does neurofeedback assist people in having the ability to fall asleep, it improves the quality of sleep. Neurofeedback helps the brain function properly, and one of the necessary functions for the brain is sleep. The brain is able to fall asleep, stay asleep, and get the most out of every sleeping session.
5. Energy: Do you have trouble feeling awake and energized each day no matter how much sleep you get? Fatigue is a common issue for many people on a day to day basis. Neurofeedback addresses the whole person starting in the brain. If the brain is functioning optimally and all the body’s needs are being met, a person can go about their day feeling energized and ready to tackle any task.
6. Stress: Do you struggle coping with stress? Feelings of stress from the pressures of school, work, and home can affect your ability to function day to day. However, with neurofeedback, the brain is functioning in a calmer manner, performance improves overall due to improved focus, attention, memory, and more, and levels of stress begin to plummet. Additionally, neurofeedback trains the brain to function calmly on its own, thereby eliminating some unwanted symptoms of stress.
Image courtesy of Graphics Mouse at FreeDigitalPhotos.net